Dr. Deah Schwartz has more than 20 years experience using therapeutic arts, music, drama and recreation activities in a variety of clinical and educational settings with clients ranging in age from 5 to 80+.
Read this inspiring interview about Dr. Deah and her new book Calmanac!
She has a Doctorate in Education, a BA in Theater, an MS in Therapeutic Recreation, and an MA in Creative Arts Education and is a Nationally Certified Recreation Therapist. In addition, Dr. Schwartz studied Art Therapy at the College of Notre Dame, in Belmont California for two years and taught Expressive Arts and Recreation Therapy at San Francisco State University for ten years.
This background, coupled with her fervent belief in size acceptance, has resulted in co-authoring the “Leftovers Workbook/DVD set,” a unique expressive arts therapy curriculum for therapists and educators training therapists in the fields of eating disorders and body dissatisfaction. Deah also has a blog, called, Tasty Morsels, that promotes size acceptance and Health at Every Size®.
Recent Posts by Dr. Deah:
- Expressive Art Therapy Technique: Body Tracing With Love
- A Thanksgiving Art Therapy Exercise For Groups or Individuals: Thank You Cards
- December Art Therapy Activity – Permission Slips
- Advent(ure) Calendars – An Expressive Arts Activity for the New Year
- Making Hand/Glove Puppets For Kids & Groups
- What’s My Line: Drawing and Art Activity to Help With Self Criticism and Judgement
- Mother’s Day Art Therapy Idea: My Mother Myself
- Crystal Ball – An Art Therapy Idea for Reducing Stress During Times of Transition
- Personal Declaration of Independence
- Grown-Up Transitional Object
- Mapping Out Change
- MElection Day
- Note To Self
- Make Your Own Kind of Music Therapy
- SprED The Word
- Spring Gleaning
- Pillow Talk
- Peace Treaty
- Love Your Body, Love Your Self
- Child’s Play
- Sanity Clause
- What’s Your Sign
- Fragile February
- What Really Counts!
- Tuning in for April
- You Are Amazing