Attention Art Therapists: Mercy Corps is looking for experienced Art Therapists to help The Haiti Youth Program. The Haiti Youth Program uses training and social revitalization activities to promote healing and resiliency. The Mercy Corps Art Therapy project will use art therapy to support children and youth to recover from the trauma of disaster. The following is a very brief summary of the job. Please read the full job description for more information and details. You can also find more jobs here.
There are 3 anticipated 10-day trips to Haiti between November 2010 and August 2011. Consultants will support the following project objectives:
- To build the capacity and skill sets of up to 100 Haitian caregivers, educators, artists and youth workers to support the psychosocial needs of children and youth.
- To support adult mentors and youth workers’ ability to provide psychosocial support to 7,500 children and youth through community and school-based art therapy programming and the sponsorship of commemorative cultural events.
- To increase the number and range of educational, art therapy, and youth storytelling materials available to support caregivers.
For this particular project, Mercy Corps is looking for 3 U.S. experts in the field of Art Therapy, ideally with the following backgrounds:
- Art Therapy Generalist
- Narrative Therapist and Storyteller
- Photographer/Visual Art Therapist / Youth Media Expert
Read the full job description.